Hello!
This week was one of those weeks where EVERYTHING fell through. I've decided people don't expect missionaries to actually show up to appointments. Or they just don't care. Anyway...these things happen. Just gotta keep workin and stay positive! That can be hard at times but I am trying my best :)
It's definitely starting to get chilly here in PA! I wore my one rain jacket for the first time this past week. It was so weird. I'm very excited to start seeing the fall colors. With all the trees here it must be incredible. I will be sure to send pictures! We did exchanges this past week and boy was that an adventure. On Saturday it rained all day, and the other sister and I were outside for about three hours of it. Luckily a random guy pulled over and offered us a ride....kidding. Of course we didn't accept :) Sister Kinney (the other sister) and I also had some interesting exchanges while we were out and about. We talked to one lady while tracting that was convinced we are a cult. At the end of our conversation with her she asked if she could pray for us.
"Please God, help these girls to know who you truly are! Help them to not be deceived!"
I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. The next day we ran into her again, and she came up and gave us both big hugs. She said, "I just love you girls...I prayed for you both last night!"
We prayed for you too Leslie. So, we made ourselves a new friend, even if she does think we're going to hell. That actually taught me an important lesson. When she went off about how we are a cult, my first instinct was to become defensive. However, as we just continued to talk with her and hear her point of view, we were able to establish common ground and even gain her trust. I was able to see her as someone who was truly trying her best to be a witness of God with the knowledge she had. I am learning to see the good in all people, no matter how different their beliefs or backgrounds may be. What a blessing to be serving in Bellevue!
Sister Kinney and I had another funny experience, maybe even a little creepy. We went to a little restaurant for lunch since we wanted to get out of the rain. We sat down at a booth across from each other, and an older lady came in and sat at the booth right across from us. She turned her body to lean against the wall, and continued to stare at us the whole time we were eating. To make matters worse, we were literally the only people in that place. Not only did she watch us but listened to our whole conversation. Sister Kinney and I did our best to ignore her, but towards the end of the meal the lady says to us
"Hey, are you guys mother and daughter?"
Sister Kinney is nineteen. Yeah, I had her when I was one. Oh man, it was just too funny. Family, one day after my mission we must take a trip out here. I want you to experience the beauty of this place :) It is great in many ways, but it also makes you realize how blessed we are. All is well with training! I am grateful to have a companion who is willing to work. Turns out that isn't a given with all missionaries. The work is still moving, slowly but surely. I love you all very much! Keep me updated on life!
Love,
Sister Denney
This squirrel stared at us for like three minutes, until we decided to walk away.
No comments:
Post a Comment