Hey Everyone!
There have been a lot of changes this past week! Sister Strate went to Gettysburg and I am now training Sister Hansen! She is nineteen and from Mesquite Nevada. She is a sweet girl and very obedient. It will be great to have her as my companion. Training so far has gone pretty smoothly! Of course I was intimidated to train, but now that I don't have Sister Strate to rely on, I'm realizing that I actually do know how to be a missionary. Ha, good thing. One of the elders in our ward also got transferred and was replaced by Elder (Kevin) Johnson, another elder who went to American Fork High School. Hahaha, that now makes three of us from American Fork in the same district. I love it!
We had a lesson this past week with Colleen (Unitarian), and it went well. We talked a lot about how the Book of Mormon can bless our families, and she seemed very interested to read it. We invited her to take the lessons, and she didn't really give us a straight answer. Ha, but she did say we could call her back in a week to follow-up on her reading of the Book of Mormon. So, I don't know how far things will go with Colleen, but her commitment to read of the Book of Mormon is definitely something! We also scheduled a lesson with a guy named Kyle for this week. I can't remember if I've mentioned him before, but we had a lesson with him and his roommate Sean a couple weeks ago. Sean is actually in seminary, training to become a preacher, and they both had a lot of questions. Anyway, in that lesson we invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, but Kyle especially was pretty skeptical. I didn't think there would be another lesson after that, but we texted Kyle the other day and he agreed to meet with us again! Hopefully that lesson goes well.
We are still pushing for member involvement in our community. Along with our upcoming potluck, Sister Hansen and I are going to try to get an ad in the local newspaper about us. I've heard of that working in other areas so we are going to try it! We are also considering doing a family history class at the local library taught by some members in our area. (Turns out we have some family history experts here). We have already begun to see the fruits of our labors. Remember how we had a couple non-members at our last potluck? Karen, one of them, is going to be at church next week. She is a friend of one of the members who is going to be teaching gospel principles, and he invited her to his lesson. He asked her what she wanted the lesson to be on and she said she wanted to learn more about prophets. We were SO excited to hear that! Karen is so so close. She had accepted the invitation to take the lessons a while ago, but afterwards the missionaries were unable to get ahold of her. So, we are going to keep inviting her to activities and hope that we continue to see progress. I am keeping her in my prayers.
I think that's all for this week! I love you guys and miss you dearly. Please please keep in touch. Your letters and emails mean a lot! Hope all is well :)
Love,
Sister Denney
No comments:
Post a Comment