Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Want to know more?

Want to know more?
lds.org

October 7, 2013

Hello!
 
It has been a great week! :) General Conference was wonderful. I don't think I have ever been more excited to watch it. I loved all the talks about members and missionaries working together. We ended up watching all the sessions with different members in our area. I'm sure they were feeling the pressure as we watched it with them. I hope we see a renewed motivation to do missionary work among the members. We are having our next potluck this Sunday! I pray that it is a success. Sister Hansen and I will be teaching a lesson after dinner, so we are beginning to prepare for that. We will most likely teach the Restoration, since that is our unique message to the world! We have also made invitations for this event, so we are beginning to deliver those to members.
 
Do you remember Eric and Enre, the guys that work at a local pizza place? We had a lesson with Eric and his girlfriend this past week, and it was awesome. We weren't expecting his girlfriend, Christina, to be there. As we got to know her a little bit she told us she had grown up Catholic...(I thought, "Oh no, not another one") Haha, as we taught the Restoration, however, they were totally open and accepting. I have a really good feeling about Eric. He is a good kid who seems to be genuinely seeking direction in his life. They committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and we have another lesson set up with them for this Wednesday. I am very excited to teach them the Plan of Salvation. It will bring them a lot of comfort and understanding that I believe they have been in search of. We have been in touch with Enre, the Muslim one, and we are trying to find a time to meet with him! So, things are really looking up for us. I had been earnestly praying to Heavenly Father to just have one person to teach, and he blessed us with two. I can testify that miracles DO happen! It's easy to get discouraged and accept that we won't get the things we desire. But, I am learning that as we work, having faith that Heavenly Father will provide, he always does. He always keeps His promises.
 
A few weeks ago we had received a referral for a man that wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon. We called him and set up a time to meet with him, but when we went to his house he wasn't there. When we finally contacted him again, he told us he was moving and "didn't want our book anymore." Of course we were disappointed and a little confused, but after that we kinda forgot about him. Well, the other day we decided to try to contact a potential investigator. We showed up at his house, and he wasn't home. We tried to stop by another person's house and she wasn't home either. At that point we decided to leave the area. As we were walking back, a guy on the other side of the street yelled to us,
 
"Hey! Are you guys Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses?"
 
"We are Mormons!"
 
"Oh! So do you know the Book of Mormon then? You know, the commercials?"
 
"Uhhh...YEAH!"
 
As we started talking to him more we realized that he was in fact the referral, John, that we had been in contact with weeks earlier. He said that he decided not to move and that he still wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon. So, we gave him one right then and there. He said we could meet with him to talk more about it, so we will hopefully meet with him this week. We didn't contact the people we intended to, but because we tried, John was put in our path. It's like that was supposed to happen or something :) I'm grateful for these little miracles. They give me the assurance that I am doing what I am supposed to.
 
We are having a general authority come to our mission this week! His name is Mervyn J. Arnold, and he is a seventy. I actually heard him speak in the MTC too! He will speak to us this Friday so I am looking forward to that. Hope all is well family! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Love,
 
Sister Denney

No comments:

Post a Comment