Dear Family,
I have exciting news...not sure why I forgot to share this last week! Next year we will be getting iPads! Each missionary will have his or her own iPad to use, and we will actually get to keep them after our missions. EVERYTHING will be on the iPad.--planners, the area book, all of our records. Along with using the iPads for emailing purposes, we will also begin using Facebook. So, missionary work will be changing in a big way here soon! It will be an interesting transition, but from what I've heard the use of iPads in other missions has proved to be more effective and has even increased obedience among missionaries. (Our mission president will be able to monitor everything we do on it). We are not sure when next year we will be getting them, but the good news is I'll be here until next December :) I'll get one at some point!
We had a good lesson with Alexis, and she continues to progress. We talked a lot about the nature of God again, and she expressed to us that it will just take time for her to think of God as our loving Heavenly Father. Putting myself in her position, that totally makes sense. Going from not being sure if God exists to believing He plays an active role in our lives is a huge step. So, she is progressing slowly but surely. She really wants to come to church again but ended up getting sick this past week. We hope to get her there next week! Teaching her has made me so grateful to have grown up with the gospel. For me, praying is something that is natural. It gives me so much comfort knowing that I can communicate with my Heavenly Father, just as I would confide in my parents here. Right now it is hard for Alexis to pray, but I have no doubt that as she reaches out to Heavenly Father in prayer He will reach out to her. He is always so very aware of each of us.
Other than our lesson with Alexis, our week has been pretty slow. One day Sister Hansen and I were out street contacting for a few hours, and no one would talk to us. Usually when we go street contacting we'll have at least a couple good conversations with people, but for whatever reason that day was just not our day. I told Sister Hansen that maybe it was time we start flirting to convert, but for some reason she didn't think that was the best idea ;) A couple weeks ago she actually got kissed on the cheek by a random guy on the street. I think I found it more funny than she did.
I think that is all for this week! I love you guys and appreciate your support. Mom, Happy Birthday yesterday! Thanks for all you do :)
Love,
Sister Denney
No comments:
Post a Comment