Hey family!
After a long wait of anticipation, I found out that I will be getting transferred tomorrow. I also got called to be a sister training leader in my new area, which means l'll basically be acting as a zone leader for sisters. I will do exchanges with the sisters in my new area regularly and I will participate in mission leader council. I'll be honest, I am feeling a little overwhelmed! I was somewhat expecting to stay in the Avalon area another transfer, and I did not expect at all to be called as a sister training leader. While leaving this area and the Pittsburgh 4th ward will be really hard, I know there are many good things to come! I have my fears about my new responsibilities, but I also feel a lot more peace about leaving than I thought I would. I know that peace is an answer to prayer. I am learning a lot about trust. I was so worried about leaving, and yet whether or not I was leaving wasn't really important. I'm learning to let go of the things I want, and trust that Heavenly Father knows what's best. So, a new adventure awaits! I talked to Sister Strate, my trainer, briefly (She is a sister training leader as well so I will get to see her more often!! :)) and she thinks I will be going to Lancaster. That's basically the furthest east you can go in our mission, and it's Amish country. Haha, but I do not know for sure yet where I will be going. So, hold off on sending any mail this week, or you can send it to the mission office!
Thanksgiving was so much fun! We went to the Purnells, a wonderful family in our ward. Mom, they had both the pretzel salad and sweet potatoes you always make. I thought for sure you must have told Sister Purnell what I liked for Thanksgiving, but she insisted that you didn't. I'm still not sure if I believe her :) Anyway, their family is a little piece of home for me. I will definitely miss them very much! Along with the Purnells, there are so many other amazing families that I have grown to love. Sister Miller, another member in our area, is having us and a few other members over today for lunch and milkshakes (because I love milkshakes) with me leaving. I have been truly touched by the love and support shown to me. I never realized just how many new friendships would come out of serving a mission. I do hope to come back and visit one day.
Unfortunately after Thanksgiving, Sister Hansen especially got pretty sick. The elders came and gave her a blessing though and she is doing a lot better. I have also started to not feel so well. Rachel got strep huh? Well, I'm thinking I might have strep too. Haha, I'm hoping to go to the doctor today. So, with both of us being sick we haven't been quite as productive as I would have liked to have been my last week here. Still, I feel confident that I have done all I can to increase the work in this area. I'd like to think I'm leaving the area better than I found it.
I think that's all for this week! I love you guys, and hey, I will be talking to you in a few weeks :D Oh my goodness, that is so surreal to me. Hope all is well!
Love,
Sister Denney
No comments:
Post a Comment