Hello!
It's been a very cold, but good week! We have been getting quite a bit of snow and ice. There were a couple nights where we just had to stay in our apartments because of the poor road conditions. We're surviving though! :) I tell you, this really is a beautiful area, and the snow just adds to it. I will definitely send a few pictures.
We had zone conference this past week which was really good. We talked a lot about how we can teach as the Savior taught, since he truly was the master teacher. Zone conferences always provide the boost I need. It was fun getting to see mission friends and be spiritually edified by the different tranings. They asked me to sing a solo at it as well, and I think it went smoothly.
Another highlight was the opportunity I had to do my first exchange as a Sister Training leader. We will be doing a 24 hr. exchange with another companionship, once a week for the rest of the transfer. Since I don't know my area very well yet, this transfer I will most likely always go to the other sisters' area. The exchange was a success and it was so much fun! I love getting to know the different sisters in my zone. I find so much satisfaction as these sisters talk to me about their lives and confide in me about different issues they are experiencing. I know that true joy comes as we are loving and serving other people! That's the beauty of being a missionary. Even when things are hard, I can still feel so much joy. I think it was a good experience for both me and the sister I was with. Exchanges are a wonderful opportunity to learn from each other, and I am definitely witnessing that. I feel priviledged to get to do this early on in my mission. I have no doubt it will help me improve as a missionary.
I wish I could update you on investigators, but with the weather it has been very hard to schedule anything with people! So, I still have not met any of them. Haha, I promise I will have a better update next week :) The ward has been nice for the most part. I can't say I have received the same welcome as in my last ward, but I am sure it will get better. Honestly, I am starting to think that is part of the reason Heavenly Father wants me in this area. I have faith that as we reach out to the ward in love and service, we will be able to gain their trust. For those of you reading this who have missionaries in your ward, reach out to them!! Haha, feeling the acceptance of the members makes a world of difference for a missionary. I love you guys! Thanks for all your love and support! Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Denney
No comments:
Post a Comment