Hey family!
I'm sorry I wasn't able to get any letters out this past week. Unfortunately p-days are so short, but I do plan to get some letters out today! How is everyone doing? I was feeling the homesickness a little bit, but don't worry. I love being out here, and I love what I do!
This past week had its challenges, but I continue to learn so much from my experiences out here. We have been doing all we can to find new investigators. Our visit with Sam (the family history guy) went great, and he agreed to meet with us again to learn about why family history is so important in our church. Since that visit we haven't gotten ahold of him, but I have not lost faith. When we were at his house, his son came home and Sam said,
"These girls are from the Latter-day Saints church, and they're helping me find my grandpa. Then they're going to try to convert me!"
His son replied, "Ha! Good luck!"
I'm glad Sam knows somewhat of our intentions, but his son's response made me a little nervous. Haha, these Catholics...they're so hard to break. Hopefully we can get a lesson with him this week. I'll keep you posted! We had another lesson with a lady named Noreen (I think I've mentioned her before), and it was just a disaster. Of course, this was the first lesson with her that we've been able to get a member to come with us. As we're about to start the lesson she says,
"My therapist had to move so I won't be able to see him anymore! So, good thing I have you guys."
....WE ARE NOT THERAPISTS. She talked for almost two hours about all her woes of life, and on top of that, she hasn't kept any of her commitments. We'll meet with her one last time to tell her we can't meet with her anymore. So, we have not seen an increase in people to teach like we've been hoping. On Wednesday we were feeling pretty discouraged, but we were able to have some change in perspective after Zone training on Thursday. President talked about how we need to change our definition of "success." Sometimes we don't know why we're placed in certain areas. Sometimes it's easy to think we're not being successful when we're not getting baptisms. But, Heavenly Father has His purposes. Maybe being successful is just learning the lessons He intends for us to learn. Maybe he just wants me to learn patience, humility, or charity. As I am being obedient and staying strong in my faith, I know He will provide, in one way or another. Hearing that really gave me the boost that I needed. Again, I am so grateful to be a missionary. It is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but still the most rewarding! Love you guys!
Love,
Sister Denney
No comments:
Post a Comment